Why CodeBook gives you the edge
BIM needs CodeBook
There are crucial differences between CodeBook and other applications that claim to provide BIM capabilities. A BIM:
- starts with the design and not the brief
- is essentially just a record of what has been designed and built
- does not provide context, usage or future evolution
- does not provide a continuing narrative of the building's life for the owners and for those whose task it is to service and care for the building
BIMn - beyond BIM
The first application of its kind, CodeBook remains the software of choice to support BIM for complex buildings.
Just as businesses use customer relationship management, CRM, tools to record their interactions with key customers, CodeBook provides BRM - building relationship management - capturing every professionals' input to a building and its related assets. CodeBook:
- provides rich levels of fine detail, always with reference back to the original project brief/programme
- enables frequent validation of the design against the original brief/programme
- offers designers a powerful resource to ensure smooth management and progress of major and complex projects
- adds significant value to the relationship between the designer and the owner, increasing the opportunity for long-term partnerships
- becomes the memory, the repository of knowledge, of a building
No other application can offer the same level of detail and depth.